A Pep Talk

Sunday, March 10, 2013 , , 0 Comments

OYSMF has been a construction site for the past day or so, but I think I'm done tinkering for now, so don't fret if the site was wonky the last time you visited.

Do fret if it's still wonky now (and tell me!).

If this is your first time here, hey! Hello! How are you?

I thought that I would just take a few minutes out of your Sunday (or Monday, if you happen to be in the Japan area) to talk about my testimony of missionary work.

If anything, all of my struggles thus far to get my papers done only add to that testimony. Satan doesn't put half as much effort into messing me up when I'm doing something that's not as good or important.

Really, I'm grateful for the opportunity that I have right now to be stretched and tested. I honestly believe that this past year has been the hardest yet in my life, and I know that it's only going to get harder. I also know that these tests are the Lord's way of trusting me to become stronger, and Satan's way of trying to get me to give up because right now, I'm on the right path.

So, here's a shout-out to all of the sisters who are trying to figure out if they want to serve, who are struggling to complete their papers, who are waiting impatiently for a mission call or their MTC reporting date. The reason it is so hard right now is because you are coming closer and closer to what will be the best one year, six months, forever of your life. You are making decisions right now that will shape you for the rest of your life, that will make you a stronger and better person.

Even if you decide not to serve a mission, every step closer to God that you get, the harder that Satan will work against you. It's a rule. It's how things work.

The only real solution is to stay positive and keep moving. Pray constantly; study always; learn to use the growing light in your life to recognize and combat the darkness. Be stronger. 

Every day, fight.

We are the front lines now. This is our battle. This is our salvation, our chance to be perfected, our future as eternal beings.

To quote C.S. Lewis, "Enemy-occupied territory—that is what this world is."

Don't sit on the sidelines. The game is going, the clock is ticking, and your team is on the battlefield. Don't be found in the bleachers when the game is called. Don't forgo that ringing victory in the future for the safety of not choosing now.

We can do this.

0 comments: