Counsel from Elder Holland

Friday, February 01, 2013 , 0 Comments

Okay, so I'm a little bit of an Elder Holland fan, if you couldn't tell, and a friend of mine just alerted me to an article that came out in the Church News a few days ago covering a talk Elder Holland gave in the MTC on Jan. 14th.

I encourage you to read it, if you have the time, but I just wanted to share with you a few quotes that I absolutely love from it. I hope they will be as inspiring to you as they are to me! (Link to article)



“This is the generation when the work will not fail. This is the dispensation that will receive the Son of God as the Lamb of God, and we will hand to Him the Church of the Lamb.”

"You have to be the best missionaries we’ve ever had, because no task has ever been put before a missionary like the one we’re putting before you.We expect you to be mature, powerful, bold, spiritual missionaries. And you have to have an abiding conviction of this work in your heart.” 

“Seek to be personally converted, obey the rules of the mission, strive to have the Spirit of the Lord in your life, and work hard. These are things every missionary can do. If you do those things, I promise you in the name of the Lord and with the authority of my office, you are a success in His eyes regardless of how many other convert baptisms you are able to have in your particular corner of the vineyard.”

0 comments: