Assigned to Labor!

Thursday, April 04, 2013 2 Comments

Big news, ladies and gentlemen.

Well, for me, not for you.
(Sorry/not sorry.)

My call has been assigned!

That means that within the next week and a half, I will find a big white envelope in my mailbox that will contain my call. And after that I will have an MTC report date. I will have things to buy. I will have somewhere amazing to dream myself in every night. I will still have a semester to finish and a graduation to attend, but that hardly matters in comparison to this.

This, my friends, is real life.

Sometime yesterday, an apostle of the Lord looked at my papers (and my picture) and assigned me a place to labor.

Somewhere, a mission president is or already has been told of my presence. They know me and are expecting me.

Somewhere, a black name tag is being made with Sister Broadbent at the top in bold white letters. (Or maybe Hermana or Sœur or some other language).

Somewhere, my mission call is being typed and printed, and the other things that come in that big white envelope are being assembled so that they can be sent off to me.

Somewhere, there are people whose hearts are growing closer and closer to a place where me, Sister/Hermana/Sœur/Whatever Broadbent, will be able to teach them about the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Here in Buena Vista, Virginia, my stomach is in knots and I'm always two minutes away from a breakdown of the best kind.

It's coming. I can feel it.

Here's to one step closer to being a sister missionary.

And for you sisters who have been struggling, and waiting, and crying, and doing all of the things that lead up to serving a mission, I just want to let you know that you can do it. I spent seven months of my twenty-first year of life doing the same thing. I know what that's like to be unsure about everything.

But let me tell you, eventually it will become a reality, and can I just say that I have never felt an excitement that's so stressful and nerve-wracking, yet incredible, as this?

There is no greater call!

2 comments:

  1. wooohooo congratulations Sister Broadbent! My guess is somewhere in Europe. England? France? The Netherlands? But I'm sure anywhere you go will be amazing. I've loved following your blog and I'm nearing the bitter end (I report this wednesday) so I won't be in the cyber world when you get your call but I would like to thank you. Your posts and enthusiasm for the work have helped me to prepare for my mission a ton and have cheered me up on days I felt like being a sister missionary was gonna be too much work for me. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I wish you all the best in your missionary endeavor and may you have the best 1 year 6 months and forever of a time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sister Kapu!

      Oh goodness. I can't believe that you're almost a real life, set-apart, true blue sister missionary. I am SO excited for you!

      This comment really makes me so happy, I can't fully express it.

      Have the happiest one year and six months of your life! Godspeed. :)

      Delete