(6/16)

Sunday, June 29, 2014 0 Comments

What a fabulous week this has been! Let me tell you all about it.

We went on our first exchanges of the transfer. I stayed in my area with Sis. Richardson, a sweetheart from Missouri who has 1 million siblings (okay, 30. but still). We had a lot of fun talking to recent converts over ice cream, meeting with our investigator, Lisa, and finding giant, blossoming magnolia trees as we walked around neighborhoods. 

 I had no idea that magnolias are so huge. Also, my hair does look like that on a daily basis (crazy fly-aways everywhere). The problems of having short hair, I suppose.
Sister Saxton and I also went on a bunch of adventures, as usual. We set a baptismal date with one of our investigators, Angie! I wish you could meet her. Angie is a sweet Filipino grandma who loves feeding us every time we come over. She just moved from the Philippines to her daughter's house here in San Marcos, so she's still working on her English. She's pretty fluent, for the most part, but we have to teach really slowly and simply when we are with her. She's getting baptized in July and her daughter (a convert herself) is so excited about it! We love going over to teach Angie and hang out with her granddaughters. 

We found a bunch of old movie posters in the senior living center that we frequent as we tried to find where we were supposed to be sharing an inspirational message, so of course I took pictures. Can I just tell you how adorable old people are? Because they are super adorable. :) 

James Dean. If James Dean was 25 and alive today, I would marry him right now.
And this morning we went on a grand adventure. What was our district activity? Fishing! Yep. Fishing. It was awesome! I've never been so excited to go fishing in my life. We sat out on a dock and enjoyed the sunshine for a few hours as the elders skewered worms on hooks and showed us the tiny fish that they caught. 

This morning at Dixon Lake, where we all pretended to be fishers of fish instead of fishers of men. (ha ha, missionary joke. ...sorry)
I also found a street that is almost my name, which was weird and exciting at the same time. I almost forgot that I am still Dain beneath the tag! I've been wearing it for so long, now, I don't remember what it's like to walk around in jeans.Yes, really.

Dane. Not to be confused with Dain.
This week is special, but I'll wait to tell you why until my next email. Just know how much I love you and how much I love this gospel. Truly, this is the church of Jesus Christ restored to the earth. There's no other explanation for how it can cause so much change and happiness in the lives of those who choose to be a part of it.

Love,
Sister B

0 comments: