One of Those Weeks That Feels Like Forever

Sunday, August 17, 2014 0 Comments

Yep, it's been one of those weeks. I don't know why, but every once in a while your missionary time shuts down and the days stretch on and on and on. It's actually really nice not to feel like you're hurtling through a time-space continuum once every blue moon.

We have had a lot of adventures this week. If you couldn't tell, I'm the queen of adventures. We adventured down to the coast to talk to the doctor (more of a routine chat than anything), found a lot of little dogs at home while tracting (not a lot of people, unfortunately), and finally saw Lisa at church yesterday! That was one of the better adventures. :)

A tiny skateboard! It was so hard to balance on that thing.
It's starting to creep up on me that I don't have much time left in southern California, and sometimes I look around at the palm trees and wonder how I'll ever leave. Most of the time, though, I'm feeling awkward as I talk to people on the street or finding motivational scriptures to keep me going. You know, average missionary stuff.

I've discovered, lamentably late in my mission life, the existence of military scriptures. Compared to my giant seminary scriptures, carrying those bad boys around is wonderful. If I had to give advice to missionaries who are stuck in the field with a huge set of scriptures, it would be to find those military scriptures! Unless your Old Testament is crucial to your life (the military scriptures don't have the Old Testament) you should ask your bishop about them. Then you can make a cute cardboard case and have the cutest scriptures and be the cutest sister missionary ever!

​Are they not the cutest??

:) In all seriousness, though, I love this work. This is the only place in the world that I want to be right now.

I love you all! I love knowing that the prayers of millions are carrying me through my time here. Thank you for yours! 

YOU ARE GORGEOUS ON THE INSIDE. :)
Love,
Sister B

0 comments: