Hello from Carlsbad!

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 0 Comments

Well, friends and family, I don't have very much time, but Tuesday is P-day out here in the mission field and we've been given some time to email from the mission home in Carlsbad! We just arrived maybe two hours ago. I still can't believe I'm here!
I wish I could tell you everything about my MTC experience and how incredible it has been, but I have no time. That's one thing that happens as a missionary: you don't have time for much of anything other than work. If you do, you're probably not doing something right.

I loved the MTC. It can be a once-in-a-lifetime experience, if you go into it ready to work hard and let yourself be changed. I'll tell you for a fact that no matter how prepared you feel or want to be, you will NEVER be prepared. You just need to go with an open heart and wonderful things will happen.

Now I'm here in the mission field, about to be assigned to my trainer and start the work. I can't even believe that this is happening.

And the palm trees. They're unreal, too.

Anyway, I've got to go! I wish I could attach photos to this.... Next time. Just know that I'm having the greatest time and can't wait to get started!

Love,

Sister B

P.S. First meal in California was perfect: California burritos (there are FRENCH FRIES in the burrito!), homemade salsa and chips. I knew I was meant to be in Cali!

P.P.S. Make sure that if you send mail, you're not sending it to the MTC!

0 comments: