Tuesday, November 05, 2013 0 Comments

This is it, everyone.

I'm getting transferred!

As of tomorrow, I will no longer be a missionary in the French Valley ward.

:(

Okay, yes. I am very very sad. I've made a lot of friends here and I hate to leave them. I had to say goodbye to my Powells, which was hard for me, along with all of the ward members that I have yet to say goodbye to. And I just barely saw baby Reesi long enough to say welcome back and goodbye!




I knew this was coming (President Kendrick basically told me that I would be leaving after this transfer) but it has just barely started to hit me, around 24 hours before transfers. I don't think I'll cry until tonight/tomorrow morning when I pack up the last of my things, or when I'm in a stranger's car with my new companion, driving to my new area. Or when I walk into a strange building on Sunday, knowing no one.

I have no idea where I'm going, which is also scary. All I know is that I'll be senior companion, which means my companion will be either one of my MTC companions or someone who got out after me but is no longer being trained. So I really need to put on my big girl panties and start being a mature missionary! You can't avoid adulthood forever, I guess. ;)

All jokes aside, this is going to be a great transfer for me. I'll miss Cambria and Sister Grover and Dash the dog and Tess the puppy and shopping at Winco and being in the desert, but I'm excited to take this next step. It's like graduating from high school or college. Scary, but necessary.

To all of the friends that I've made up here in the desert: I'll miss you. You've got a place in my heart, always and forever.
To Sister Saxton and Sister Grover: thanks for making this first leg of my missionary journey the best thing ever. And thanks for putting up with my craziness!

To everyone who reads these emails, from their inbox or from my blog: You're great! Thank you so much for the love and support. If you're thinking about being a missionary, do it. It's the best thing you could do right now. It will be hard and you will cry, but you will also laugh more than ever and develop a priceless testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Even if you don't get a single baptism on your mission, if you do it right you will return home converted, and that's all that matters.

Stay tuned next week to hear about my new adventures in a new part of the mission!

Love,
Sister B

Note from the post moderator: For those of you who may not have noticed, there are three posts today. I've had problems with computers and the internet and my work schedule, but posting should resume it's regular tempo beginning next Monday. Make sure to check out all three posts and let Sister B. know how awesome she is (see the sidebar for her snail mail and email addresses)!

0 comments: