Becoming Sister Broadbent

Sunday, July 06, 2014 0 Comments

This time last year:


Aren't we cute? Still getting used to putting a nametag on every morning and being called "Sister Broadbent." :)

This week has been so great. I've learned so much about the Atonement and about my purpose as a missionary. I wish I could explain to you everything that I've felt and learned this week, but I think it's still sinking in. Maybe one day I'll be able to describe how this week has changed my outlook on life and on missionary work.

I learned a lot from my Sister Training Leader and friend, Sister Cavaretta. She's the cute one with the dark hair on the other end of our picture. Yep, we were companions in the MTC. It's so weird and yet so inspiring to see Sister Cavaretta after such a long time and to see how much she has grown. She helped me figure out a lot of things I've been thinking about my entire mission, and talking to her about Jesus Christ is what literally changed my life this week. As you can tell, I love Sister Cavaretta so much. :)

We're still working with Angie towards baptism. She is amazing! She never wavers from her desire to be closer to God and her family. We can't wait for her to be able to go to the temple and be sealed to her family forever.

I'm looking forward to 4th of July barbecues this week and adventures with Sister Saxton. Our friend Josh is getting baptized in the YSA ward on Saturday, and we are so excited for that! He was learning about the Church with Al, our recent convert, until we passed him off to the YSA elders. He's so stoked to get baptized! His energy is contagious.

​We are so lucky to have a knowledge of Jesus Christ and what he has done for us. I urge all of you to study the Atonement and find ways to use it in your life that you've never done before. It was meant to be used in every aspect of our lives, not just on Sundays.

Love,
Sister B

0 comments: