You Win, Ricky Martin

Monday, January 13, 2014 0 Comments

I swear, every day this week I've had "Livin' La Vida Loca" playing in my brain. It's the earworm of the century. Proof that, even as a missionary, you still remember all of the words to that one Ricky Martin song.

This week has been pretty slow. Okay, very slow. Mentally I've been struggling to catch up, which is maybe why the week seemed to pass by so slowly. We went on exchanges this week, and I got to hang out for a day with Sister Danielson from Missouri. She's the greatest. She's a Samoan Luna Lovegood, and I love her for it.

I've started writing down funny quotes that people say, because I am surrounded by great people that say the funniest things. With the added awkwardness of being a missionary, you learn to delight in crazy statements and awkward situations.

From Sunday School class alone:

"It's addicting! It's spiritual crack-cocaine, I swear!" -talking about indexing

"I probably have ADHA. Or whatever it's called. The one with the letters." 

"So, I was talking to Scott-"
"Keith."
"Oh, Keith. Sorry, man. So, anyway, I was talking to Scott and then-"
"It's Keith."
"Did I do it again? Man, I am so sorry!"
two minutes later...
"Yeah, and I went over to Scott's house-"
"Keith. It's Keith."

If you pay attention, even the most normal of situations can provide hilarious quotes. You just have to flex your missionary ears and listen.

Okay, so I'm the worst. I haven't taken ANY pictures this week! Isn't that terrible? But don't worry, I look exactly the same (maybe a few more freckles) and I'm doing the same thing.

My missionary tip for the week: Carry your PMG with you everywhere. If you haven't, get a mini version and stick it in your bag. You will need it when you least expect it!

Love,
Sister B

Note from the poster: I apologize for the delay in posting; things should be back on schedule now. Make sure to read the three previous posts as well.

0 comments: