#ShareGoodness

Sunday, September 07, 2014 0 Comments

I don't know if I've ever really explained how much I love this ward. But seriously, I LOVE it! Every area you serve in tends to have it's different charms, but ultimately you fall in love with each of them in a very different way. I think I am finally at the point where I am in love with San Marcos! 

The ward members are wonderful, hilarious, and supportive; the area is beautiful; and I've been here long enough to finally feel like a member of the ward family. There's no greater feeling.

As for my week, it's been a long but good one. I can't even remember last p-day, because this week has been jam-packed with people, places, and things. We've had dinners with some of my favorite people, missionary meetings galore, parties, lunches, and who knows what else. 

At 3:00 pm all over the world, you can find missionaries in this position of exhaustion.
Something I really enjoyed this week was being able to watch part of Elder Bednar's talk during Education Week a few weeks ago. It's the #ShareGoodness campaign, and it encourages everyone to use social media to share happiness; really, Elder Bednar is encouraging all of us to genuinely share ourselves and our beliefs. I love that!

About two years ago (holy mackerel, has it really been that long?) I started OYSMF as a way to share my preparations for a mission with other sisters like me. I ultimately planned on using it as a platform for posting my emails, so that everyone who cared to could have access to my missionary life. 

I've come to realize that having a blog, or a Facebook account, or tweeting or Instagramming or everything else that I can use to connect with others online, is an opportunity for me to share the joy that this Gospel brings to my life. The internet is a wonderful tool that Heavenly Father has provided for us to be able to connect to every part of the world. The internet hastens the Father's work in so many ways (FamilySearch, anyone?) and we are to be instruments in the Lord's hands!

Did you realize that sharing an uplifting post on Facebook is missionary work in action? Writing a blog post about your wholesome weekend activities is missionary work. Tweeting something kind is missionary work.

In all of the small ways, we are all called to the work of salvation. Some of us have the opportunity to wholly dedicate 18 months or 2 years, but that is not necessary to be a missionary.

I encourage all of you to start now! If you haven't, watch Elder Bednar's talk! Get educated. Swallow your pride and start using hashtags! ;) Whatever it is that you need to do to add your drop of goodness to this world, do it! Serve and inspire those around you with the light that you have.

We can do it! Together, we can "sweep the Earth as with a flood," as Elder Bednar suggested.

I love you all! Stay strong, and share your light with others!

Love,
Sister B

0 comments: