Sister Nicole Hargrove

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 1 Comments



Sister Hargrove!

>>Visit Sister Hargrove's blog<<


I told you guys I would still do interviews. :)

Meet Sister Nicole Hargrove, called to serve in the Brazil São Paulo South Mission, speaking Portuguese. She's reporting to the MTC on April 24, so we're lucky that she had some time to stop by and answer some questions!



Did President Monson’s announcement affect your choice to serve a mission at all?
No. It affected the timing of my mission (I got to put in my papers a year early), but I always had plans to serve.


Why did you decide to serve a mission?
Since the missionaries first knocked on my door at age 15, I have always wanted to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. 




What are some things that you’ve done (so far) to prepare?
SHOP. One of the benefits of serving a mission was that I actually had a reason to go out and spend money. Every girl's dream, am I right? I've also been doing other good things like reading my PMG/Scriptures, catching up on 90210, and Facebook stalking my mission president. 


Best websites/talks to read:
ANY blog about a similar mission. I have learned SO much from blogs (like OYSMF) about preparation. I feel so lucky to have them as a resource. For my particular mission, I have been delving in to the letters home from a sister in Salvador, Brazil and Belo Horizonte, Brazil. I'm kind of obsessed.



What is the best mission advice you’ve ever received?
God doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.



Favorite missionary scripture/quote?
D&C 4:2 or "What e're thou art, act well thy part" (David O McKay)



Tips on staying positive during the preparation process?
The months leading up to my report date (I still have 16 left!) were some of the hardest times I have experienced. I trudged through feelings of doubt and negativity like no other. There were moments when I felt inadequate, disappointed, bored, stressed, the list goes on... But let me tell you. It too will pass. Stay busy and you won't have a second to think about these struggles.



What is the best mission advice you could give to someone preparing to serve?
Ladies: Buy your skirts at the thrift shop. You'll thank me later. Ladies and Gents: Study your PMG everyday like you've never seen it before.



How long did it take you to complete your paperwork and submit it?
I started my papers in the beginning of October 2012, submitted them December 2nd, and received my call on Christmas Eve.



5 cool things about the area you will serve:
- It's a big city. Like HUGE.
- They have mango trees. Let me just tell you, mangoes are my favorite fruit. And surprise, surprise, there aren't a ton of mango trees in Washington. So you better believe I will be nom noming on some delish mangoes.
- They speak PORTUGUESE.
- The weather stays between 70 and 90 degrees all year round. Purrfect
- My Mission President's wife was the General Young Women's President when I was a youth (Hollah at me Sister Tanner!)



5 things you will miss about home:
- The good ol' Washington trees.
- Going to BYU-I do.
- Constant raining. (Wait whaaat)
- My dog.
- My family.
- My dog.
- My family.

1 comment:

  1. Our friend (Dain& I )Jacob, well Elder Shipley is serving there! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete