Hey everyone!

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 0 Comments

Hey everyone!

You haven't missed very much since last week. We went on two exchanges, which was fun. (An exchange is where you switch companions for 24 hours.) My first exchange I stayed in Temecula with my Sister Training Leader, and the second I went to Murrieta while my companion stayed in Temecula. Your first few exchanges are always stressful, but once you get the hang of it you are always looking to a fresh perspective on things.

We visited with a lot of less-active members this week, which was great fun. One of my favorite couples, the Powells, are an older couple that we visit with every week. He always tells us stories about his experiences in World War II and how he met his wife and all of the adventures he's been having for over 80 years. I wish I could make a pocket version of them and carry them around with me forever. If you're ever in the Temecula area, you should visit them! They're the greatest.

Then on Sunday, there was a Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure (breast cancer race, I think) that messed up everyone's regular route to church, so we had the great opportunity to stand outside in the early morning cold and hold a sign that said "LDS" to point our church members through a neighborhood to our church building. We were chilly but it was also pretty fun to wave at everyone as they passed.

And now here it is, P-day again! I don't know why weeks go by so much faster than days here in the mission field, but I seriously think that I was just writing to you yesterday, still basking in the post-temple glow.

I have two favors to ask of you all this week!

1. I'm driving myself crazy looking for a talk given by Elder Holland on Thanksgiving (22 November) 2012 in the MTC. I think I've mentioned it before. I watched a recording of it when I was in the MTC, and it seriously changed my mission life. I need to find it! If any of you have MTC hookups or might know where to find that talk, you have to let me know! I swear, it doesn't exist on the internet.

2. Find somebody to help this week! Yes, seriously. It'll make you happy and it'll make them happy, too. The world can always use more happiness.

You're the greatest! Thank you for all of your support!

Love,
Sister B

P.S. This is one of my favorite parables. Watch it!

Me and the giant, lovable panda bear, Bamboo.

Sister G and I. And a note to myself: always check my tag before taking pictures! It's always crooked!

0 comments: