(3/10)

Thursday, March 20, 2014 0 Comments

This week has been such a great week! Well, duh it has.

WARDELL IS NOW OFFICIALLY BAPTIZED!

It doesn't get better than ending the week (missionaries end their weeks on Sunday) with a baptism, especially a baptism with so many people in attendance that we had to move the service to the chapel.

But before I get into that, I have news. I forgot to tell you that this has been the last week in the transfer! We got transfer calls on Saturday night, and guess what? I'm staying in Vista with Sister M for another transfer!

I am seriously so happy! I love working in Vista with the family ward and the YSA ward, and I'm excited to have another six weeks to work with the people in this area. I'm also excited to continue working/having fun with Sister M! She's great.

So back to Wardell.

He's just been smiling and happy this whole week. We had a crazy Sunday, running back and forth between wards and buildings before his baptism at 3:30. We were asked (is this going to become a thing?) yet again to do a musical number, so me, Sister M, and two ex-Assistants who came out from school for the baptism sang "Come Thou Fount," which is one of my favorite non-hymn book hymns.

Wardell didn't bend his knees when going under the water, and the man baptizing him yelled "The joints! The joints!" as they both almost tipped over into the font. We're generally not supposed to applaud at baptisms, but there was a sporadic round of applause after Wardell was yanked back to the surface, grinning from ear to ear.

Next week he will be confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. We are so so stoked for this wonderful man that we've had the opportunity to teach! We couldn't be prouder of him.

Sister Lemon and her companion got to attend the baptism! I was so excited to be briefly united with my darling Lemon. :)
I love y'all! Thanks for all that you do to serve others, especially the missionaries. Despite popular belief, we aren't perfect and we reallycan use all the help we can get.

:)

Love,
Sister B

0 comments: