Things That People Say When You Get a Haircut

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 0 Comments

1. "What are you gonna do next, buzz it?"

My answer: Yes.

2. "Are sisters allowed to have such short hair?"

Yes.

3. "Do you like it?"

Yes.

4. "It's so short!"

Yes.

And, my personal favorite:

5. "OH MY GOSH YOU CUT YOUR HAIR!"

...Yes.


So, if you didn't know, I got a haircut last p-day. It's pretty dramatic, I'll admit, but I wasn't expecting all of the attention that came from cutting my hair short. And all of the strange comments and questions.



Other than getting a haircut, this week I've had a lot of adventures. We were able to put on our service clothes and shampoo some carpets, which is a surprisingly satisfying job. We had some great lessons with a few new favorite people, and were able to attend our stake's performance of "Savoir of the World," done by the stake youth. They did such a great job!

On Saturday we had the incredible privilege to meet as a mission with Elder Ballard of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles. He came accompanied by Elder Maynes of the First Quorum of the 70 and Elder Sabin, who is an area authority. What a blessing that was to shake hands with an apostle of the Lord and to be able to hear his words specifically regarding our mission.

Saturday night was transfer calls. Bad news: I'm finally getting kicked out of Vista. It's been 6 wonderful months here, and I've come to love both of the wards I serve in like my own family. I wouldn't trade my time here for anything in the world.

I'm such a good little homemaker!
Hello, coolest car ever!
But I must admit, I am so excited to open up a new chapter of my mission. I'm a person who likes to go on lots of adventures, and after driving around the same town for a few months, you start to feel like you'll never have an adventure again. But this new transfer will be the big adventure that I've been looking for.

Hey. I hope that you all had the chance to check out that video on easter.mormon.org about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and were able to share your faith in Him with others. If you haven't yet, DO IT! No amount of Easter candies or dyed eggs can compare to the sweetness of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. 

Love,
Sister B

0 comments: