Easter Realizations

Monday, April 14, 2014 0 Comments

(I have to send this email in 3 parts because myldsmail says it's too big :( Sorry!) 

I'm not even sure where this week began and where it ended. Time is really starting to run together here in the mission field.

This week I've realized a lot of things. I have realized that I am in love with froyo, but only when I can make it half-chocolatey, half-fruity.



I've realized that when we have a mission goal of 100 baptisms by the end of this quarter, we had better have a flag. I've also realized that I am officially the last-minute art project queen.



I've realized that I'm really good at taking really bad pictures. And that others are really good at digging them up. (Thanks, Baby Chalk.)
 

 
After 10 months in Southern California, I've realized that the lizards actually can be caught! Little Gilroy was just chillin' in a hole and didn't realize that I was looming overhead. Don't worry, we let him run free after taking a few pictures. He was surprisingly good-natured about the whole thing.



I've realized how dang exciting it is to see old friends. My buddy Sarah, whom I haven't seen in about 3 million years, unexpectedly showed up to my ward yesterday! I couldn't believe my eyeballs. What a wonderful treat to see her and to finally meet her husband, Moroni. Don't worry, Cap, you pass the friend approval test. ;)



Most importantly, this week I've realized how much love God and his son Jesus Christ have for me, and how that love can transform me. I am no longer the person that I was, and I have seen just a glimpse of what Heavenly Father has in store for me, It's only through faith in Him, however, that I can reach that potential. I only hope that I keep working on that faith throughout my life, and take every opportunity to utilize the power of the Atonement to move forward.

If you haven't already, you MUST check out mormon.org/BecauseofHim. The video is inspiring and all about the true meaning of Easter. Please, please take the time to watch it and then share it with others!

The power of Christ is real. This Easter, remember all that His Atonement has enabled you to do and become.

Love,
Sister B

0 comments: