The Last 6 Weeks (10/6)

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 0 Comments

When you first get into the mission field, you go through a training book called "The First 12 Weeks." It goes over the basic skills and knowledge that you will need to be a successful missionary.

I think there should be a book called "The Last 6 Weeks." It should tell you everything you need to know about going home. It should have warnings like "be aware when you are beginning to eat your feelings and, for the sake of those 10 pounds you don't want to gain, just STOP IT!" Or it can tell you things that are not cool to say in the outside world: "nobody knows what 'The District,' "The Testaments,' 'The Restoration,' or The White Handbook are in the outside world. DO NOT QUOTE THEM TO MAKE A JOKE. YOU ARE NOT FUNNY." 

Unfortunately, no such book exists, so I am going to have to accumulate my own knowledge about how to survive my last transfer as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. All I know is that working hard puts the scariness of leaving on the back burner, so at least you aren't stressed about it until, oh, a week before you're on a plane home. ;)

Whatever these last six weeks hold for me, I am so glad to be here. I've never experienced a more difficult journey, but all of the bitter is slowly fading into sweet. And all of the sweet is becoming even sweeter!

Something I am excited for this week is the opportunity that our mission has to go and see "Meet the Mormons" together! That's right, a group of almost 200 missionaries is going to storm a movie theater and eat popcorn and cry over the lives of six people who are changing the world through their faith in Jesus Christ.

It comes out in select theaters on October 10th, but apparently the missionaries are privileged enough to get an advanced viewing. I am so excited! 

I love you all! If you have any more additions to my survival guide, shoot me a letter or an email. ;) And, as always, thank you for all of your love and support. I couldn't have done it without you.

Love,
Sister B

Pictures:
Horror of horrors! I forgot my camera! I'M SORRY!

0 comments: