Happy Halloween!

Monday, November 03, 2014 0 Comments

This week revolved around Halloween, obviously. We had our ward Trunk or Treat (like trick or treating, but better) on Wednesday night. Sister Jones and I dressed up and everyone thought it was hilarious. The woman who lent me my costume loved it so much that she told me to keep the thing. I have no idea what I'll do with it, but I couldn't say no!

Sister Moonflower and Sister Miss Chievous 
On actual Halloween night, we had to be in at 6pm. We rushed back to our apartment after carving pumpkins at a member's home and then Sister Jones watched "17 Miracles" and cried a little bit while I popped popcorn kernels on the stove and ate a handful of Halloween candy.

Time is winding down and I'm doing my very best to stay focused on what's at hand instead of what's coming. Honestly (and I know some missionaries might kill me for saying this) I think it's pretty easy. I've been a missionary for the last 17 months! It's all I know how to do at this point. Packing? Thinking about my homecoming talk? HAVING A PERSONAL CELL PHONE?

Nonsense. 

;) I am really just loving life in Carlsbad right now. I think we are finally hitting a good groove, and it's great. Groovy, even! (hah, I had to! I can only make corny missionary jokes for so much longer now)

Izzie saw us with our copies of the Book of Mormon out and wanted to read, too! :)

This is what Amber does when we are talking too loudly and she is trying to sleep.
Let me say one thing to anyone who is thinking about serving a mission: DO IT. If the Lord says go, you go! It will be the most difficult thing you have ever done, I can promise you that. But there are so many things that you will learn, miracles you will witness, and blessings you and your family will receive from your service. It is an experience which, if done right, will shape the rest of eternity. Every decision you make after serving a mission will be impacted by what you learned and felt and saw during those short 2 years or 18 months.


I love you always!

Love,
Sister B

0 comments: