The Best Week EVER

Sunday, July 20, 2014 0 Comments

Hey there! How was your week last week? Great? 

Sorry, mine was probably better.

We had zone training meeting this week, followed by the always long-awaited quarterly temple trip! I love the San Diego temple. I love being able to stand on temple grounds and feel the peace that is special to temples. The more that I attend the temple the more that I learn how to have a good experience. I love having time to commune with God and learn more about His plan for His children.

Our ride back home drove us up the scenic route, taking us up the coast on the 101. Sometimes as a missionary you forget that you are literally right next to the ocean. I don't know why, but seeing the ocean from time to time gives me hope! It was weird to see everyone walking around in bathing suits in town, but funny at the same time.

Dude, that's the ocean! Don't worry, we didn't get on the beach. But we were REALLY close!
And as if that wasn't fantastic enough, Angie was baptized on Saturday! I just adore baptisms, but especially for people that I know well and love so much. Angie is so sweet, so humble, and has such a strong desire to come closer to God. I don't think she stopped crying the entire baptism. :) I loved being able to stand at the side of the font and watch her turn to us, sopping wet, absolutely sobbing from gratitude and happiness. It was one of those moments when you remember why it is all worth it.

Angie's baptism!!
Unfortunately, we got some hard news on Saturday night. Sister Saxton is getting transferred! :( I'll be staying here in San Marcos for another transfer with a new companion. Transfer meeting is tomorrow, and we are both nervous but excited to see who our new companions will be!

I love you all! As always, thank you for everything.

Love,
Sister B

0 comments: